Click on the individual scholarship name to download detailed descriptions.
For High School Seniors Only:
Awarded to graduating high school seniors who plan to attend college.
Calvin Monteilh Scholarship: Awarded to graduating high school senior males who plan to attend college.
Dell Shields Memorial Scholarship: (NOT ACTIVE) Awarded only once every four years to one graduating high school senior who plans to attend a four year college with a focused program of study or major that will lead to a career involving the planning, organizing or advocating for change in community and/or professional organizations with the ultimate goal of protecting and supporting the rights and lives of individuals within those communities or organizations. All applicants (any major) who will use their education to pursue a field of service are encouraged to apply! (NOT ACTIVE)
For High School Seniors and Undergraduate/Graduate College Students:
Regine and Andria Caruthers Scholarship: Awarded to a graduating high school senior or an undergraduate student who exhibits leadership qualities while maintaining high academic standards.
Cora L. Shields Scholarship: Awarded to graduating high school seniors and undergraduate college students pursuing or planning to pursue a career in nursing or the medical field.
Dr. Lee B. Stephens, Jr. Scholarship: Awarded to graduating high school seniors and undergraduate/graduate college students planning to pursue or pursuing an undergraduate or graduate college degree, with preference given those pursuing a degree in the sciences.
Beauford E. Anderson Scholarship for the Arts: Awarded to graduating high school seniors and undergraduate college students who are either planning to pursue or already pursuing a major in the arts (e.g., fine arts, graphic arts, performing arts, visual arts).
Geri Gorum Scholarship: Awarded to graduating high school seniors and undergraduate/graduate college students pursuing or planning to pursue a college degree in the arts or the medical field.
Erma Anderson Memorial Scholarship: For graduating high school seniors going on to college who have a GPA of 3.0 or above. Description: This scholarship is for graduating high school seniors who meet the criteria listed below.
- Must be an active member of Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Must be a graduating high school senior with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be accepted to an accredited 4 year college or university
- Must submit a 500 word essay entitled “Why I Should Be The Recipient of The Erma Anderson Scholarship”
- Must submit (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher and a counselor
- Perform at least 20 hours of volunteer service for HTELC. Verifiable documentation must be provided prior to distribution of funds
Required Submission Materials to be considered for the scholarship you must submit the following. Complete the online HTELC Scholarship Application
- Official copy of your most recent transcript
- Copy or copies of your college acceptance letters
- HTELC Financial Needs Assessment Form and a copy of you (SAR) student aid report found at the FAFSA website fafsa.ed.gov
- All requested information listed above except for the online application must be placed in Mr. Winston’s Church mailbox or mailed to Mr. Winston’s attention at Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church 9300 Crenshaw Blvd. Inglewood, CA 90305 on or before 5:00 pm May 15, 2020
For Undergraduate and Graduate College Students Only:
New Beginnings Scholarship: Awarded to a single parent with at least one dependent child who has applied for or is currently enrolled in a degree program at an accredited college/university.
- must be an attending member of Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Only for high school students going into college
For Students Going into the Ministry:
Pastor’s Scholarship: Awarded to students who are pursuing education with the goal of doing some form of Christian ministry.
Reminder: The HTELC Scholarship application period is April 1st through May 15th annually.